I am an astrophysicist (Full Professor CSIC) with research interests in the fields of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics. I have been using cosmological simulations, optical and gamma-ray telescopes, and large 3D maps of the universe to study structure formation and the dark components of the universe, i.e.
- large scale structure: dark matter, dark energy and cosmological parameters
- formation and evolution of dark matter halos: theory and simulations
- gamma ray cosmology: dark matter detectability and EBL studies
- galaxy formation and evolution
Member of the MultiDark, MAGIC, SDSS, DESI, Euclid, and MAAT collaborations. I also work on the development of instrumentation for large spectroscopic surveys (advance robotic technologies for optical fibre-fed spectrographs: SIDE@GTC, DESI, MSE; and build databases for cosmological simulations and mock galaxy catalogs (MultiDark/CosmoSim, Skies & Universes).
Supervisor of over 12 PhD students, several postdocs and engineers. Teaching experience in the UAM Master on Theoretical Physics. I am author of 2 patents and work on technology applications in the fields of Neuroscience and Biomedice.
Honoured with the Cosmology Prize (2011-2016) of CEI-UAM+CSIC at the Instituto de Física Teórica UAM-CSIC, Madrid, Spain.
- Our new Uchuu 2.1 trillion N-body simulation is publicly available